Secure device & user authentication
Sometimes it feels like security is more effective at deterring your users than hackers. But you still have to protect your enterprise resources, and we’re here to help. We take pride in securing your network, data, and resources to an unprecedented level, without causing a revolt from either IT or your users. In fact, your users probably won’t even know we’re there.
Here’s how it works:
Trusted Platform Module (TPM) + Wave’s ERAS for TPM Management = hardware-secured, fully-managed authentication
Most of your devices already come with TPMs (check out our “What is a TPM?” brochure if you’re not sure why this is exciting). This security chip comes attached to the motherboard of most enterprise-class PCs. There’s nothing “add-on” about it. The TPM provides a verifiable, unique identity for each machine.
Wave’s ERAS for TPM Management gives IT remote, centralized management of all TPMs on enterprise computers and tablets.
With this control, IT can set policies and dictate which machines and users have authority to access which resources. IT can ensure that only known and approved devices are accessing your network. And what’s more, IT can prove it with detailed activity logs.
Token-free, password-free user authentication
We know you’ve dreamt about shredding your list of passwords. Go on and do it.
Because you are starting the authentication process in the device’s hardware, the user doesn’t have to interact with it. All users see is their usual Windows log-in screen – no more additional passwords to access the VPN or other resources. They just sign in once, and the secure credentials in their TPMs securely and quickly connect them to everything they need. Say goodbye to user frustration and slow OS performance.
Decrease expenses with virtual smart cards
You know what else happens when you take passwords out of the equation? A lot fewer calls to IT. Imagine if you took password resets out of the picture – that frees up a chunk of IT time, lowering your operating expenses significantly.
If your organization currently uses traditional tokens or smart cards, switching to virtual smart cards takes an even bigger burden off of IT – we use the hardware-protected credentials in the TPM to create a virtual smart card, which performs the same functionality as traditional smart cards. That means no need to purchase, deploy, replace or maintain external tokens, smart cards or smart card readers. Because virtual smart cards are already on your machines and can’t be forgotten, lost or stolen, you have lower capital expenses and lower operating expenses.
Wave's is the only management to support virtual smart cards on Windows 7, as well as Windows 8 and 8.1.
- Authenticate securely, encrypt email, and prove integrity of the device with one management console
- Protect against phishing, malware and other network security threats by storing authentication credentials in hardware
- Provide centralized enforcement of custom policies
- Reduce operating expenses by eliminating password reset and shortening deployment times
- Minimize capital expenses by using hardware you already have
- Integrate with Microsoft Active Directory for IT familiarity
Superior User Experience
- No more tokens or smart cards to achieve two-factor authentication
- Eliminate VPN/WiFi/website passwords for faster access to resources
- No add-on software means improved OS performance
- Compatible with Windows 8.1, 8, 7 and Vista operating systems – manage mixed environments from one console
- Create custom management policies to suit your organization’s needs
- User and device authentication from a common console
Seamless Device Authentication
- Access control over wireless (i.e. 802.1x)
- Single sign-on
- VPN authentication (i.e. Microsoft DirectAccess)
<p><em>Microsoft, Windows, and BitLocker are either registered trademarks or trademark of the Microsoft group of companies.</em></p>