Enrolled prints are unable to be displayed or are not recognized after the initial enrollment process.
Precision Desktops: R5500, T1500, T1600, T1650, T3500, T3600, T5500, T5600, T7500, T7600
Optiplex Workstations: 380, 580, 760, 765, 780, 790, 960, 980, 990, 9810, 7010, 9010, XE
File corruption can occur on your operating system, preventing proper use of the enrolled fingerprint. By removing the corrupt fingerprint template file, the ability to enroll and use biometric fingerprints should be successful. This file will be recreated during the enrollment process.
Locate the UCS2.0 folder and rename it to UCS2.0_old.
The UCS folder will be located at the following path (Please be sure that ‘Show hidden files and folders’ is enabled):
XP: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Wave Systems Corp\UCS2.0
Vista or Windows 7: C:\ProgramData\Wave Systems Corp.\UCS 2.0
If you are unable to rename this folder you will need to change the folders permissions to allow access.
- Right click on the UCS folder and select Properties
- Click Security Tab
- Select the Administrator’s group
- Click the Advanced button
- Select Administrators
- Click the Permissions tab or Change Permissions as appropriate
- Include inheritable permissions form this object’s parent and Replace all child object permissions with inheritable permissions from this object boxes should be checked
- Select Apply/OK.
- Rename the UCS folder to UCS2.0_old.
- Reboot the machine.
Open ACCESS and re-enroll fingerprints.
If the information provided above did not resolve your issue or you have any additional questions, please complete our Support Request Form