During boot up, credentials are requested multiple times to access the Windows Desktop.
Dell Data Protection | Access versions 2.0.X, 2.1.X, 2.2.X, 2.3.X installed on:
Latitude E4310, E4320, E5410, E5420, E5420m, E5430, E5510, E5520, E5520m, E5530, E6220, E6320, E6330, E6410 (ATG), E6420 (ATG, XFR), E6430, E6510, E6520, XT3 (XFR)
Precision Mobile M2400, M4400, M4500, M4600, M6400, M6500, M6600
Precision Desktop R5500, T1500, T1600, T3500, T3600, T5500, T5600, T7500, T7600
Optiplex 380, 580, 760, 765, 790, 960, 980, 990, XE
Confirm the latest DDPA software, version 2.3.X, has been installed on your system. Please see the related article for upgrading/installing DDPA if needed.
Configure your machine for SSO by enabling Pre-Windows login, initializing the self-encrypting drive and enrolling biometrics.
Configure DDP|A Single sign on feature
- Enable Pre-Windows
- Launch Access.
Select Start > All Programs > Dell > Dell Data Protection > Access > Access
- Select Set up secure Access Options > Pre-Windows Login.
- Select Enable.
- Create and confirm a System Password.
- Initialize the Self-encrypting drive
- In Access, select Advanced > Devices > Self-Encrypting Drive.
- Select Setup and Next.
- Enter your Windows Username
- Create and confirm a password, select Next
- Check the box “I Understand” and Next.
- Select Browse for the backup file location, select Finish and then Done.
- Confirm you have NOT checked the box next to: “I Want to Login again when Windows Starts”.
- Select Apply and Finish.
- Enroll Biometrics
- Select Change (or Customize) Access Options.
- Select Fingerprint > Enroll a Fingerprint and Next.
- Enter your Windows Password and select Next.
- Enter your Pre-Windows Login Password (The system password created when enabling Pre-Windows) and select Next.
- Click the desired finger to enroll a fingerprint.
- Swipe your finger and continue swiping (You will receive a ‘Good swipe’ message each time you swipe correctly) until prompted that your fingerprint is being enrolled.
- Repeat the enrollment process for additional fingerprints. We highly recommend enrolling at least two fingerprints.
- Select Next.
- Do NOT check the box: “I Want to Login again when Windows Starts” and select Finish.
- Confirm Login Method
- Select Change (or Customize) Access Options > General.
- Verify Pre Windows is selected under “When would you like to login to your system?”
- Verify Fingerprint or Password is selected under “How would you like to login?”
- Power Cycle your PC
- Exit DDP|A and shutdown your machine. Do not select Reboot. A full power cycle is needed to complete the above process.
- Start up your machine. You will be prompted to swipe your finger at the Pre-Windows login. Successful authentication at Pre-Windows passes your credentials along transparently to each authentication point until you reach the Windows desktop.
If the information provided above did not resolve your issue or you have any additional questions, please complete our Support Request Form