After successful authentication to the machine; the computer reboots itself, blue screens or Windows fails to load.
Dell EMBASSY Trust Suite, Dell ControlPoint, Dell Data Protection and Wave software versions.
Use of Windows Installation CD, WIN-PE or a 3rd party data recovery utility to repair or reinstall Windows in the event of OS corruption for machines using Pre-boot/Pre-Windows Single Sign on authentication and self-encrypting drives.
- While at the error screen or failed Windows load screen; insert the Windows Installation media, WIN-PE or 3rd party data recovery utility media into the CD tray or USB port.
- Select Ctl+Alt+Del to restart the machine.
- When the Dell BIOS splash screen appears, select F12 for the one-time boot option menu.
- If using Single sign on, the BIOS Pre-boot screen will appear. Swipe or enter the System password.
- On the boot menu option screen, select the desired boot device and Enter.
- The Windows Installation media, WIN-PE or 3rd party data recovery utility media will load and allow for OS repair, reinstall or data recovery.
If the information provided above did not resolve your issue or you have any additional questions, please complete our Support Request Form