The following information can be gathered prior to contacting Wave Gold Support for use in troubleshooting ERAS server issues:
Is ERAS located on a physical box or a virtual machine?
Is SQL on the same server as ERAS or separate server?
What is the version of SQL?
Is ERAS a new install or recently upgraded? ERAS 2.8 and above requires installing user is domain user with local admin rights on server and sysadmin rights for SQL.
ERAS Installation log files can be found in the following location:
Win 2003: \Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Wave Systems Corp\ERAS
Win 2008: \ProgramData\Wave Systems Corp\ERAS
Are there failures in the ERAS Server Logs?
Are there ERAS errors in Event Viewer Application Logs?
To enable Verbose mode, use the procedure below:
- Using Notepad, open the web config files located at:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Wave Systems\EMBASSY Remote Administration Server\Server\Web.config
C:\Program Files (x86)\Wave Systems\EMBASSY Remote Administration Server\WCFService\web.config
- Make a copy of the web.config file before editting
- Search (CTL+F) for "EventLogLevel"
- Change the setting value from Error to Verbose
<setting name="EventLogLevel" serializeAs="String">
- Save and exit the files
- Reproduce the error
- Check the ERAS application event log for additional details
- Once the logs have been collected, edit the web.config files to change the EventLogLevel from Verbose back to Error
If ERAS snap-in fails to load:
1. Is Internet Information Services (IIS) running?
- Select Administration Tools > Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager
- Select Application Pools and verify that ERAS is started
- Select Sites > Default Web site. Verify that it is set to Start in the right hand panel.
- If IIS is running,
Click on ERAS and select Content View, right click and browse ‘Service.asmx’. Does the ERASWebService page (http://localhost/ERAS/Service.asmx) open successfully in browser or is there an error?
Click on ERASWCFService, right click and browse ‘ErasService.svc’. Does the ERASService Service page (http://localhost/ERASWCFService/ErasService.svc) open successfully or is there an error?
2. Verify the database connection strings in the web config files located under:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Wave Systems\EMBASSY Remote Administration Server\WCFService
C:\Program Files (x86)\Wave Systems\EMBASSY Remote Administration Server\Server
- Open web.config files with Notepad and search (CTL+F) for “connectionString”
- Does the Server value equal the location of the SQL server housing the ERAS database?
3. Any recent changes (updates or maintenance) to the SQL database? Is it running and are the following services Started and set to Automatic: SQL Server, SQL Server Browser and SQL Server VSS Writer?
4. Has the ERAS Service account password changed in AD? If so, confirm that it has also been updated in IIS: